Sunday, February 03, 2008

Trip to Chinatown

Am a sucker for Cantonese cuisine, so had dinner at Yum Cha Restaurant in Chinatown. Oh boy, Peking duck costs only $20 (for half a duck)! The pile of Peking duck pieces certainly lighted up my eyes, and my desire was fuelled by the thought of sinking my teeth through the egg crepe and into the crispy skin, mashing the layer of fat underneath and munching on the sweet and juicy pear sticks (instead of the conventional cucumber sticks).

Waitress serving our Peking duck

These still won't be enough

Fried rice and some dim sum to go along with

One of their desserts is black glutinous rice with yam ice-cream, which is served on a bowl filled with dry ice. I am not a fan of black glutinous rice, but I ordered it anyway because I was more interested in playing with the dry ice fumes.

No comments: