Sunday, July 13, 2008

Screwed Up

Haven't even left a whisper here ever since my last post about my Hong Kong trip, but what's the point when there isn't anything happy to blog about?

Signs showing that I am slipping into depression:

1) I have forgotten how it feels like to switch off after work

2) It's amazing how students can ruin my appetite ... for the whole day

3) It's even more amazing to fall asleep for one hour, wake up the next hour to find myself musing in the darkness about my lesson plans, finally falling asleep in the next hour, waking up the next, falling asleep and then waking up to realise it's time to go to work

4) Trying to devise ways to land myself in hospital, including starvation, falling down the stairs and suicide

5) Even entertained the ridiculous intention of paying MOE $60,000 to release me out of my misery (much to the disapproval of others)

6) Can no longer hide the fatigue that my eyebags and sulk are unintentionally revealing

7) Cheeks deeply moisturized by tears

8) Most importantly, I live everyday with dread.

Life is getting meaningless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, it is just work only leh...you are not paid for nothing. 1st job mah, sure stressful one. It will be reduced very soon when you are lau jiao....closed one eye also can get things done. Everything comes with an opportunity cost. Most importantly, you have selected a very meaningful job that path ways for good citizen, you need to inspires,ok?
Get a rich husband and be a "Tai Tai", you will also be stressed keeping tab on your husband movement.............

Ah Qing said...

wah.

who is this?

in this profession, there is no such thing as closing one eye, because there is the staff appraisal, and standards are quite high!

i would rather have a low-paying job that is less stressful.

sigh.

Anonymous said...

recruit its true tt every job will have its own stress..& somemore ya jus suay to ganna this sch for this sem.
try to relax & dun let it get to u so much..i noe its easier said than done..
i had a hard time adjusting to each new job tt i have taken on..sometimes with the intention to leave jus aft 1 mth..but as i learn to take things more easy, i could con't to stay on..
really hope tt u will cheer up & get back to your old life soon