Wednesday, February 04, 2009

At Induction Course

Attended a compulsory course for beginning teachers on classroom management at NTU one-north, and was excited to do so because firstly, it was a legitimate excuse to miss school, but more importantly, I had the chance to meet up with Dappy, Peiying and my Practicum mates like Ai Kit, Xiaofen and Gavin!

For the whole day, we were all cooped up in the cold seminar room and bombarded with tiresome theories and tips on managing classroom behavior. However, rather than listening, we (Ivan, Dappy, Peiying and I) channelled our boredom onto moulding blue-tack into various shapes. Ivan liked to create sea creatures (and my, do they look so real!) and while the three of us just created random things. Suddenly, I felt a wave of nostalgia because this was so much like those days back in NIE ... ...

From handphone to heels, from beer mug to shark, and a McDee's value meal

The course instructor was speechless when she saw our creations, and I could understand very well how she felt towards students who do not pay attention in class. But well, just give us a break.

I guess the most fun part about attending such courses is reuniting with those dearly-missed NIE buddies. Who cares about the content?

No comments: