Saturday, January 20, 2007

Primary School Girls' Gathering

Went to Amelia's house for a long-waited lass (from primary school) gathering. It was nice seeing everyone! Upon reaching, Amelia whipped out a huge stash of letters and other keepsakes to refresh with us our kiddie memories (most of them embarrassing). Among those were my letters to her, written during Secondary 1, which have faded and reeked of dust.

To be honest, I have no faint recollection of any correspondence with this joker buddy after graduating from primary school. Unfortunately, these letters are undeniable proof. And so, as I read through them and tried to come to grips with the nonsense that I have written, I felt embarrassed and amused at the same time.

Because Amelia and I were always joking with each other and guffawing like loonies

I could not believe I even enclosed a cheque in one of my letters, and that was because I betted with her 999.9999 cents that Home Alone 2 is hilarious, but I think she was not amused so I refunded her that amount with a cheque. OMG!

They dug out her autograph books, and I began to see more trash from me. Yuzhen delightfully read out a corny poem from me that goes 'Two in a taxi / Two in a car / Fight fight fight / Lots of scars'. Good rhyming, but I was grossed out with myself. They even remembered I used to draw tiny comic books that featured our classmates in crazy situations. Good God, what have I been doing in primary school?!

For the rest of the night, we watched TV and played mahjong. Amelia's parents were sweet folks who bought us dinner, and also baked homemade garlic bread (with cheese!) and chicken wings. They were so delicious that when we were all about to go home, Jingna and I were still stuffing ourselves with the drumlets.

Hope to meet up again (to Cheesecake Cafe (to peep at Mr. Yap) next time, as mentioned!).

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG recruit u r just so damn innovative esp the cheque..that just goes to show 1 thing,u have been $$ minded since young ;-p
anyway regardin the jokes,ah ma is the main spreader & i suddenly rem 1 super funny joke abt ah ma!rem there was 1 CNY's nite when 3 aunt revealed to us abt ah ma's secret pet (she fed her pet lizard every nite)..& ah ma was like paisay paisay when we asked her abt it..damn funny lor!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

Hey hey,
I used to play with lizards too during my childhood days....
Damn Nice.

Ah Qing said...

to ah sir: i have been a lost kid in primary school loh.
haha! i remember! ah ma fed the pet lizard JACOBS 'SO-DA BIA'! she would leave some crumbs on the table and the next morning the biscuits would be gone. and if i m not wrong, the lizard will come out when it sees ah ma.

to haoling: u r gross. lizards are fat and slimy. cockroaches are more fun to hang around with.

Karen said...

Hahaa... I am friends with cockroaches too... Surprised?
But after being their friends, I would be their 'pest buster'
Wahaaha.

Anonymous said...

haha.. yiqing... this reminds me of my own autograph book and kim's where you drew cartoons of mollie, you and us in our winter wear during our beijing trip.

so cute and nice! i'm gg to try and dig it out and if u see ur own drawing on my xanga, it means i would have found it... wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

u like cheesecake cafe owner mr yap?

Ah Qing said...

to haoling: u r gross. have u started finding ur temp job?

to msjadey: yeah, go dig! i kind of forgot what i drew! i think i drew me n mollie very pretty and u eating ur scarf! hoho! anyway, im gonna comment on ur blog soon, but i dunno u r using which one. is it the one with the japan pics?

to wee: NO! it is said that that mr yap is our primary school PE teacher. is it true (since u worked there b4)?

Anonymous said...

wah lau eh u gals r super gross man!i can't imagine being frenz wif lizards & roaches lor!!i think strangers who read this website will think we r adam's family!!

Karen said...

qiu yi: not gross at all... it's my pleasure.. i will bring them to you during CNY. =PpP

Qing: I looked le... my friend said have temp job in his father's friend company, but then I want a more solid temp job leh.

Anonymous said...

yesh this guy was from NIE. so he may have taught u all before. he is current owner of cheesecake cafe rite

Anonymous said...

no more me - can u provide your blog's site address?i can't link thru leh..
hey pple do u all rem last yr we watched this super crappy show by stephen chow(the white face justice bao)during CNY @recruit's hse? guessed wat?it was repeated on TV last sat & it was damn hilarious.

Karen said...

ah sir:

Yah!! I remembered!! And we were laughing non stop lah!! Funny man..
I missed the olden chinese zombie movie, that one also damn funny!! I had a gd time watching and laughing with my classmates in the class!

btw: my link is www.nomoremeanymore.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey pple i ve a crappy HK ghost movie VCD!i rem watching last time long ago on TV.Its quite funny,think we can watch it during CNY.
Recruit,will u be free to mit up for dinner one of the wkdays or wkend?need ur super powers on somethings..let me noe k

Karen said...

Lol. Great! rmb to bring that during CNY so that we can sit down and watch. I think I will have a good time laughing "hahaha"

Ah Qing said...

to wee: i dunno leh, according to my ex-classmates, they rem this mr yap and that he is the owner of that cafe. haha, you worked for him before rite.

to ah sir: yessshh!!!! i oso watched that stupid jiu pin zhi ma guan on tv last sat! but they censor and cleaned up the show too much liao. yah u can bring. but hope we dunch watch until forget to eat and gamble! erm, tell me what u need my mystical powers for!

Anonymous said...

hey i actually need your superb writing skills to help me write 2 complain letters..its some serious stuff actually..so tt's y lor
how bt next wk?u free recruits?

Karen said...

ah sir: eh.. you also know how to complain ah? I thought u very the 'bo jeng hu' one?

Anonymous said...

wow complain letters!
anyway i found this web tv online la. it plays alot of stephen chow shows and other hk_tw movies.
so.. basically we have alot of options eh? hehehehe

Ah Qing said...

to sir: erm okay. next tues?

to all: PLEASE. CNY is not for watching TV or movies or any other crap.

Karen said...

But I still think that olden chinese ghost/ zombie movie is a must not missed out thing!!!

Anonymous said...

gamble whole day is very sian one.. shld have combination of everythin!

Anonymous said...

hey recruit paisay how abt next week instead?
hey gambling whole day quite fun ma actually..esp if on a winning streak..
wonder whether anonymous is my sis anot..

Ah Qing said...

to ah sir: u mean the CNY week ahr?

to anonymous: ah ping, try to gamble as much as possible on CNY (best is to be the banker) so you can expose your unborn kid to mathematics and economics.

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAA
cny third day is go ah ma house again ah?

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAA
cny third day is go ah ma house again ah?

Anonymous said...

recruit actually i mean this coming week la..so before CNY..but during CNY also can la..but just scared of lotsa interruptions from "the others" haaa

Karen said...

Hey all, speaking of gambling, who gonna be the 'zhng gei' this time round? Can we have like a fixed zhng gei? Hahaha...

Anonymous said...

eh my dvd-rom is spoilt. cant watch dvd leh