Saturday, April 28, 2007

Steamboat Dinner at Marina South

Had steamboat dinner with Slug at Marina South. Was sad to know that the chain of steamboat restaurants there will soon be taken down to make way for the IR developments.


The fun part about the steamboat dinner at Marina South is not about grilling and cooking your own food, it is about waiting to be served the cooked food. So there I was chilling out with a jug of iced green tea while Slug was furiously battling the flames and heat while trying to stir-fry the chicken shreds and butter prawns. Tasted good.

However, the variety of ingredients at the steamboat restaurant we went to was a tad disappointing. Slug made me vow to go to the neighbouring steamboat restaurant, Zhen Fa, next time.

We finally topped off the dinner with an omelette, which I cooked and rolled myself, and Potong ice-cream!


Then it was off to hail a cab home, but that place was practically a dead city where no taxis were willing to come to. Spent a desperate 30 minutes and lots of chasing to nab one.

It's Zhen Fa next next next weekend (hopefully)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

helo my dearest all
sorry i've been pretty busy lately
anyway see ya all on sat k! for ah ping baby man yue

Ah Qing said...

u wun see me, coz sat is the 49th day of my ah ma's death ... dunch miss me!

hey wanna watch shrek 3 when it opens this month's end?

Anonymous said...

ya i noe ur family can't come..so sad!!my nephew is very cute leh!!!
yes i wana watch shrek 3!!!!