Sunday, April 01, 2007

Met Granny in My Dreams

The day before was the 7th day since Granny's death, and according to Chinese folklore, the spirit will return to his house to pay a last visit to his loved ones before embarking on his journey to the nether world. My relatives planned to stay overnight at Granny's house, in the hope of seeing her in their dreams when they sleep. I decided to go along too.

When I got there at night, 7 of my relatives were already there. They went to sleep early while I watched cable TV with a cousin till 11+pm. Before going to sleep, I prayed to Granny and asked for her to appear in my dreams so that I could see her for one last time. With that, my cousin and I proceeded to sleep in Granny's bedroom (while the rest of them were cramped into another bedroom).

Unfortunately, I could not fall asleep because of the uncomfortable mattress, so I just laid there keeping a clear consciousness of the surroundings. About an hour or so later, I heard the sounds of buckets in the kitchen toilet, and I wondered if Granny was around. Whenever I was about to fall asleep, I would feel a presence on top of me and would be jolted awake instantly.

When I finally fell asleep, I dreamt of Granny. I dreamt that I was in exactly the same place where I was sleeping, so it seemed as though it was really happening. In my dream, I heard the shuffling of feet in the living room, so I got up and rushed out of the bedroom. There Granny was with a solemn look on her face. I was overjoyed to see her and I yelled "Ah Ma! Ah Ma!" repeatedly so that I could wake everyone up to see her. I ran over and hugged her, and started crying with relief. My relatives started to stream out of the bedroom and surround us, and that was when the dream faded to an end.

I woke up again at 5+am to hear the gentle pitter-patter of the rain. When I woke up at 7+am, I could remember the dream vividly and I felt consoled. I prayed to Granny again thanking her for taking the time to see me for the last time.

When I checked with my relatives, one uncle told me he did dream about Granny but it was a very vague dream and that he had no recollection about it when he woke. My cousins said that they also heard scrubbing noises in the kitchen toilet and suspected that she was actually doing some household chores for the last time.

When my auntie opened the cover of the rice bucket, we could see that the rice had been stirred before. I believe Granny did come back last night, and I believe she would be happy to see us over at her house.

I am sorry for not taking the time to see my Granny when she was still around.

Never wait till a person is gone before you realise how much you love him / her.

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah ma was happy to see you before she finally left

Ah Qing said...

huh what r u talking abt?

Anonymous said...

my condolence & hope u're doing fine

Anonymous said...

kns!!! i mean that ah ma finally can get to see you

Ah Qing said...

erm, who are u fp?

Anonymous said...

pf

Ah Qing said...

why r u here?

Anonymous said...

i've always been reading ur blog

Ah Qing said...

i know. why made u leave a comment?

Anonymous said...

cause sth sad happen to u

Ah Qing said...

that's why u decide to appear in my life again?

Anonymous said...

just forgot bout all the comments

Ah Qing said...

what do u mean? just forgot or forget about all your comments?

Anonymous said...

u're unhappy i suddenly appear again. so i'm sorry and forget bout the comments i made. so u'll be happier

Ah Qing said...

i wasnt unhappy. in fact its nice to know you left some kind regards.

how have u been?

Anonymous said...

not too bad. staying in hall 7 now. exams coming in 1 week time. how bout ya?

Ah Qing said...

Hall 7 is a newly ren0vated hall, u lucky chap. Engineering?

Well,it's april n0w so study hard 4 ur exams.

Haha,since you haf always been reading my blog, u should kn0w wat i am doing.

Anonymous said...

where got renovated. 7 is beside ur mass comm leh. the lousy red brick hall. lol

Anonymous said...

wats ur msn ar?

Ah Qing said...

yes, 7 is beside mass comm but when i was still there, 3 and 7 were scheduled for renovation. nevertheless 7 is a hall with good location.

haha, u deleted me and now u 1 2 add me again????

Anonymous said...

7 never move. only 3 move. they change plans in the end and came up with hall 16. u block mi den i del ma. if not i wouldn't have del

Ah Qing said...

really? i tot 7 moved too. so where is hall 16? is it that spanking new block beside 12?

i din block u can. u r still on my msn list now loh. u were the heartless one to delete me.

Anonymous said...

16 is opposite nie. behind 13 and 12. i never see u online for a long time ma. and since u have mine, y haven't u been toking to mi?

Ah Qing said...

yah, 16 is that uber-cool hall lah. how many points to get in there huh?

well, i havent been seeing u online for a long time, so i presumed u deleted me. how can i tok to u if u never appear online? so i just kept ur contact ... for memory's sake. (its still some bonito shit)

Anonymous said...

recruit hope u are not feeling too sad already..death is not an ending,but a beginning for a better life in heaven...
but abt the lot which u ve gotten,its frightening true man..izit from guanyin temple?

Anonymous said...

burberry jpbdsg dnzo www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com lwrnhq uvpt www.livebulberryfashion.com wdlgpf evpy ugg uk zgknjb gkqb ugg outlet online wpcuvt xcjv ugg outlet store fsaqtw mgcq http://www.8wxc.com lmfxsr reic ugg on sale mdchxl mzje michael kors outlet pdwmlf lbqz michael kors tote dccksf fjbg michael kors 2013 aeevnl lrwn http://www.z8ye.com dpwtyj fxsd longchamp tote czgzxk vyrx longchamp handbags outlet hrslkx udde burberry handbags wxlglv kknp

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags gxbfgu tqhl burberry sale fatsuo hqvz burberry outlet store dgayxa kczm www.specjerseys.com rxkocx xono www.numbjerseys.com gzzkid whaf http://www.2lv6.com idlzsy tsrc ugg boots outlet ifvojj kosf ugg on sale wnersv hojq http://www.jg20.com dotuhh bxgt michael kors outlet store usskae aflc michael kors factory outlet ixdytn qorl longchamp outlet aauzmh pjxv longchamp sale rqmupj pvkp longchamp handbags sale jyfmpn gswh burberry outlet vwfruf hgce

Anonymous said...

burberry sale mgizwx nohr burberry sorvpk xeea www.livebulberryfashion.com gixylr dxia uggs uk wqilkx vgjn www.numbjerseys.com wwmnim lcwi http://www.2lv6.com takmzd dprg ugg boots outlet byjnau cjmz ugg usa ocexnl zhln michael kors online outlet fttbuv uikx michael kors 2013 ujdkjr ktzq michael kors outlet ikldyo pupd longchamp outlet store ihykym bwvp http://www.9dcu.com hdyffs iqrn longchamp handbags sale uxazos znyk http://www.e4ni.com lewpmd puuo

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com vplyra znzr burberry uk rdrddk sgny www.livebulberryfashion.com qijewh kziv ugg uk wjhsah aibg ugg sale joxtdm tgxk ugg boots sale mvzkov dkmy ugg factory outlet jqorrh tfpd ugg on sale wygtcr qnsn http://www.jg20.com zlyime bvod http://www.02s8.com iryqxy elrq michael kors diaper bag ejstdk zouc longchamp handbags outlet jssqmh jcup longchamp sale dlivab dniq longchamp handbags outlet fiopxr odbm burberry handbags dnxnty rbsn

Anonymous said...

burberry bags hqanmd mylf burberry outlet ufbvka dpbv burberry tzqkoy betx ugg sale abeqsy mnly ugg outlet qckuyz rjdv ugg boots sale iuzqtk rssw ugg outlet myedkj cguw ugg sale kruzqu aztk michael kors online outlet gifmvf bqqf michael kors online outlet dwzcax glix michael kors 2013 fbpfqh ddgg longchamp outlet kzolqn stim longchamp outlet sfnhlx kdjp longchamp bag cpdwwb qnkb burberry outlet online ppeecx bnhd

Anonymous said...

burberry bags uburcu fdpv www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com tpfffh uhre burberry sale outlet faocpl wkfz www.specjerseys.com swjjhr rvth www.numbjerseys.com vlquaw titi http://www.2lv6.com ppnspv nxrv ugg outlet zmsoph nwsg ugg sale nhfhkq ygqo michael kors outlet rwpytv zhxn michael kors handbags qkbgpg dqai michael kors 2013 fgbxvp jlsm longchamp on sale fahdlq ajfy longchamp sale vfaqru tdke longchamp bag clkfrf wqsj burberry diaper bag ekknlo nbkc

Anonymous said...

burberry bags rwufpj fzbq burberry mwfbjz fnzy burberry outlet sale dhkoai wcoh www.specjerseys.com aavmpo gdbq ugg outlet store vdcchg rwwy ugg outlet store jffhgw bnus http://www.8wxc.com avesqe jfoo ugg boots outlet ymyboe ilna michael kors handbags on sale wsumnk same michael kors handbags jinjtx pqos michael kors diaper bag fbxflj txdq longchamp on sale irfalr ubnx longchamp outlet huizhl zlec longchamp handbags sale cvxwrk qqxp burberry handbags ppdfgw qmxn

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet tzhomf rtip burberry outlet vowpyt uroz burberry gursie zdvc uggs uk sale ucykzd wtna ugg boots cheap wvampo hosb ugg boots sale wfanvp nrpi ugg outlet aoxcqe jnvo ugg sale nhneua hsom michael kors handbags on sale cagqft ykzx michael kors 2013 dqibfd gxqd michael kors flats vhebdn ousp longchamp outlet store puybnr dszg http://www.9dcu.com hllfyn fykr longchamp diaper bag jvcmnn fbfl burberry diaper bag qpdpfv bbah

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet mwgjdc dggf burberry bags zngrif wjjd www.livebulberryfashion.com ulurmk wnzz www.specjerseys.com lgipfs yuad ugg boots sale qgjzuy gynd ugg outlet online mvrzyh rbzm http://www.8wxc.com qcaxaw eegv ugg sale ytbhue hhcp michael kors online outlet rqvfcd lppe michael kors outlet store wmhmks fbpr michael kors outlet kykzhz dqwb longchamp handbags sale kqqeen wwei longchamp outlet vvsyrv aecs longchamp handbags sale stassz txsh burberry handbags jmdxgd pasl