Friday, March 30, 2007

Updates

Life has not been good ever since I returned from Phuket. Have been down with chronic post-vacation depression, as I (and even Slug) kept reminiscing our happy days in that lovely empyrean and pining for the opportunities to get away from Singapore again.

Work added on to my depression. Handling rambunctious kids, marking essays with poor grammar and sentence structure (which I absolutely cannot tolerate), forgoing lunch and toilet breaks to clear the pile of work that grows exponentially, dealing with office bitches ... Many a time have I thought of resigning with immediate effect (yes, I am even willing to throw that one month's pay at them), but when I think about my poor students (who have been experiencing a change of 3 teachers ever since school started and are weary about this), I was kind of pulled back, especially now that I have established some good rapport with them.

Then my grandmother passed away and I could not get any sadder than that. Was busy for the past few days helping out at the wake. When Slug reminded me that I drew a temple lot 2 months ago that said that someone in my family would die, I was stupefied. I could not believe that that prediction, though revolting, was for real.

Sad but helpless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

babs, im sad that ure saying all these. this has been yr saddest post since Gawd knows when... But i wanna tell u i'm here for u. I am sorry i left u all alone at orchard that day...i felt v paiseh cos my friends were hurrying me...just wanna let u know no matter wad, im here, im here, im here.


Forever Friends,
Babs

Ah Qing said...

its okay babs.