Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year Eve 2007

Went with Slug to the countdown party held at a basketball court in Boon Lay. We arrived a little too late (alright, VERY late) at 11.55pm, and there was no way we could see what was going on on the stage because the basketball court and the pavements at the sides were packed. So they started counting down, and we were anxiously glancing around at the night sky waiting for the spectacular fireworks to appear any moment. Little did we expect that they would actually loom above us!

I was filled with shock and mesmerization as I stared at the fireworks close-up. Even when the little cascading sparks hit and pricked my skin, even when the noxious fumes were surrounding me, I could hardly move. Until Slug had to drag me away.

Fireworks bursting and hissing right above me!

After that, browsed around the pasar malam nearby, ate some snacks and was filled with disgust that the Banglas and the BLACK society people were making such a hoo-ha over the New Year and creating a din with their cheers and trumpet-blowing. What was most sickening, everyone was littering indiscriminately!

Walking freely on the road in front of Boon Lay Shopping Centre

Inconsiderate litterbugs!

Here's hoping for a smooth and happy year ahead.

No comments: