Friday, August 29, 2008

Teacher's Day 2008

It is the annual Teacher's Day, and my second one at that. Although it was not at DSS where my heart truly belongs, still, it was a special day which marked the end of my enjoyable yet busy and traumatic practicum.

It was presents galore: everyone was dumping their cards and presents into my arms, and overwhelming me by surrounding me, chatting incessantly and asking me when I would be coming back to teach them. Just as I was feeling so touched and about to promise them that I would be back, I suddenly remembered the unhappiness between me and the school, and I just replied my students a lame "See where fate takes me to".

Class photos with my playful and adorable students:

2/1 - They are really sweet students who created a Teacher's Day video for their form teacher and me (am really honoured). The girls were tugging at my heartstrings with their presents of homemade cookies, farewell hugs and their pestering me to promise to come back and teach them English again. I guess the most touching part was when this girl Lindsay claimed that I made her like English again.

With 2/1

With some of the 2/1 girls

2/2 - The class which I see the most often, because I teach them both English and Geography, hence cannot deny that they are closer to me than the other classes. They totally surprised me when they created a huge photo album for me, containing their 2007 class photos and their baby photos, in the hope that I will never forget them. I sure never will, with such a lovely and sentimental present from this class.

With 2/2

With some of the 2/2 girls

This is one sweet memory that is going to last me a lifetime

2/3 - Stayed at the other classes for too long, so by the time I got to them, most of them had already left. Took photos at the canteen with whoever was left from the class. They are a noisy but dynamic and cheerful class.

With some of the 2/3 students

2/4 - When I was gathering them to take a group photo, the students started whipping out their cameras and handphones to take pictures of me instead. Weird.

With 2/4 along the corridor

After the school celebrations had ended, the 6 of us (NIE trainees) had our own celebration in our Workroom, feasting on pizza and reminiscing the good and bad times we had for the past 10 weeks. If there was one thing about this school that I am going to miss the most, it would be these supportive and caring friends that were posted to this school with me.

I seriously wonder how I was going to finish all those cupcakes, cookies, chocolates and candies.

These students really remind me of the reason why I am in this profession.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet of ur students!!
btw recruit u could always offer some of your chocolates to me u noe..
anyway i went bk far east to buy the kangaroo dress today..as the seamtress said it could be altered :-)

Ah Qing said...

haha! all the ferrero rochers, merci and guylian are all in SLUG's tummy!

HAHA! the kangaroo dress! seriously lah, it doesnt look very flattering! oh as for the mooncakes, in the end, we didnt give his friend's mum any! haha!

hey u still 1 2 go on the hokkaido trip? 4th aunt is asking liao!