Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Not Paying Attention During SS

Usually we get very bored during Social Studies lessons because ... SS is freaking boring and I know nuts about the conflicts between the Catholics and Protestants, the Sinhalese and the Tamils, the fall of Venice, blah blah blah.

Today's SS lesson was just like another typical SS lesson, but today, I was more distracted than usual, so I started drawing fishes out of the triangles on Dappy's foolscap pad. After I signed my name after finishing my masterpiece, Peiying, Dappy, Jieying and Jasmin followed suit just because they each contributed pens of different colours!

And I took discreet photos of my classmate scratching the soles of his feet. Yucks!

Was he really concentrating on his notes ...

... or was he concentrating on peeling off the dead skin?

When the tutor got us to do groupwork and brainstorm about the advantages and disadvantages of the US war against Iraq, we got bored again and started doodling away, drawing anything related to the war from torpedoes to oil barrels, from bombs to hot-air balloons (okay, this one is seriously off), and even to tribal people (I hope it did not appear as racist).

Abu and Fati, what nice primitive names

Oh well, it was the last lesson of the week. Looking forward to the two-day schooling weeks in the rest of October and zero-day schooling weeks in November! May the year 2009 NEVER descend upon Earth!

No comments: