Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Eve 2008

Ushered in the new year with Slug, a mega three-cheese festive pizza and the countdown party over at Boon Lay. Just like last year, Slug and I picked a good spot near the multi-storey carpark where we predicted they would set off the fireworks. Just as expected, as soon as they counted down to '1', huge fireworks bloomed thunderously in the nightsky, raining miniscule sparks on us and permeating the air with a strong smoky smell. And again, I would be rooted to the ground gazing at the fireworks in awe, and cautious Slug would be trying to drag me away to safety.

Three-cheese pizza from Pizza Hut

Dazzling fireworks

To tell the truth, I am NOT looking forward to 2009, amidst all the economic gloom, price hikes, ageing and worst of all, the start of my three-year torture. I can only hope for a swift and painless end to all of these.

No comments: