Saturday, June 23, 2007

2nd Aunt's Birthday Party

Woke up early the next morning to have breakfast at the hotel's Oscars Cafe. There was a delightful spread of toasts, cereals, meats, Japanese bites and even waffles with ice-cream! Ah Sir and I wanted to have the waffles as our dessert, but by the time we finished our breakfast, the buffet was nearly over and there was only one cold waffle left. We still took it anyway, and I turned my attention to the waffle toppings instead - chocolate chips, chocolate balls and mini M&Ms! Ooh, and I doggybagged some packets of Nutella (free flow, can!) and French cheese!

After breakfast we returned to our room to read the papers and catch a movie, before checking out at 2pm. Ooh, and I doggybagged their lovely-smelling bath amenities and even a nail filer! (Too bad I could not pinch their bathrobe and towel) We moved on to Marina Square for some shopping and we bought an ice-cream cake from Swensen's for 2nd Aunt, because it was her birthday today!

I followed Ah Sir home because I invited myself to 2nd Aunt's birthday celebration. Upon reaching, I finally had the chance to meet Ah Ping's baby - Ah Liang Liang.

Ah Liang Liang and his chubby cheeks

2nd Aunt was, as usual, obscene. When she was changing diapers for Ah Liang Liang, she remarked to her neighbour (who had dropped by for a brief visit) that his l**p* was BIG. I was so shocked because of all the things she could comment on the baby, she chose to talk about the l**p*. And then, to my utmost disbelief, Ah Ping beamed proudly at that comment and not only did she agree enthusiastically, she also recommended me to take a picture of him and his l**p* and blog about it. What kind of mother is this! To think she actually encouraged me to publish poor Liang Liang's privates on cyberspace and scar him for life if he stumbles across it one day!

Me and Ah Liang Liang

Beware, Liang Liang knows how to demand for his rights

The best part: the feast! Ah Sir's brother bought tze char dishes like prawn paste chicken etc, and we had dinner. Finally, it was time to sing a jolly birthday song for our birthday girl!

The cake looked like it was on fire

2nd Aunt did not really fancy the ice-cream cake, and for the whole day, she was preoccupied with only scolding and nagging me. Haha! She wanted me to stay overnight there so that I could experience the irritation and grogginess of waking up to the cries of Ah Liang Liang in the middle of the night, and when I politely declined this kind offer, she started to scare me with her horrific descriptions about going home late at night.

Haha, that's my 2nd Aunt, as sam pat as me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you know you are a google whack??

Anonymous said...

phandforth@hotmail.co.uk

Ah Qing said...

what are u talking abt

Anonymous said...

i think he means that your blog address could be found under google search engine

Ah Qing said...

to wee: errrr, issit. dunch think it makes a diff.

WHY ARENT U COMING TO MARINA MANDARIN WITH US THIS FRIDAY!