Friday, November 23, 2007

Night Out at Swissotel (1)

Attended an evening makeup workshop hosted by Ettusais at Orchard, where I got to experiment with their cleansing and makeup products. There were about ten working-type ladies in their early thirties in the class, and I was most awkward because I looked the most kiddie (together with my kiddie dress) there. However, all of us had one common point: bad skin - pimples, freckles, redness, undereye bags etc. At first was self-conscious when removing makeup, but now, was feeling all at ease to know that nobody is perfect!

As the workshop lecturer guided us on using the products by demonstrating on another participant, we listened intently and we were then given time to play around with the makeup. One participant sitting opposite me scared me with her striking makeup of baby blue eyeshadow (that extended from the eyelids to the eyebrows, mind you), pink blusher and crimson red lip colour, and I meekly stuck to very mute shades of brown and orange. I did not want to look like a pastel painting.

Emerged from the workshop with a door gift and Ettusais vouchers, and met Ah Sir for dinner at LJS (our favourite!). After that, went shopping at Paragon where Metro was having a crazy late-night sale. Happily used my Ettusais voucher on their shimmery bronze and beige eyeshadow powder which I took a fancy to when experimenting with it. Now I believed the makeup workshop was a sinister albeit effective tactic to prod us consumers to spend our money on their products.

Retreated to Ah Sir's room at Swissotel, where we watched a corny Taiwan drama on Channel U that never seemed to end. Again, it was a posh and comfortable experience with the room's toiletries, bathrobes and bed! What was more, the room offered a stunning view of the city nightscape.

It was already 2am, so the bright lights were mostly out

No comments: