Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Fun (and fear) on Bin's bike

Today I had the ride of my life.

Met Bin, Jas and Simin at City Hall for FYP after my lesson, and then Bin offered to take me to buy my helmet and then give me a lift to Redhill. I could not be Bin's pillion as she did not have an extra helmet, so I took a cab to the bike shop at Kelantan Road (called Lim Ah Boy) while Bin rode there. The helmet I bought was FARGLY.

It was raining, and Bin needed to top up petrol. A deceptively helpful BLACK society member told us that the nearest petrol station was at Golden Landmark there, and after a series of wrong turns we decided to look at the steet directory. The rain was making the floors freaking wet and you know, the traffic at the Rochor Canal there was horrific. We were feeling so miserable and the street directory (courtesy of Milo) was soaked. There goes the nice tingling lavender smell it used to have. Bin HAD to be reminded (by some BLACK society uncle) to kick up the side stand AGAIN, argh!

We finally reached the petrol station at Short Street and I was extremely stressed from figuring out the route to Redhill, our next destination. I hate one-way streets. We got back to the road although we were unsure of where we were going. So we just instinctively went straight along Bukit Timah Road and turned into Clemenceau Ave when we reached the roundabout at Newton Circus. We had to stop by the road at Cairnhill there because there was an ERP gantry but Bin's Cashcard was stolen and it was only 7.50pm! We were groaning and had no choice but to go the only alternative road (Cairnhill then Scotts Road) back to the roundabout. Bin wanted to put me at Bukit Timah Road to take Bus 154, but by mistake, we entered Newton Road. We nearly brushed shoulders with a bus when Bin overtook it. I will never forget how the bike wobbled and the sheepish "Woh." from Bin.

When we reached Moulmein Road, I was relieved as that was familiar territory to me and CTE was nearby! We entered CTE (finally after 8pm liao!) and then switched to AYE. Inside the tunnel the surrounding vehicles were moving so fast that I feared we would be hit from behind. We exited to Jalan Bukit Merah and finally after many blind guesses, we reached Tiong Bahru Road and Bin picked her sister up from the sports complex. I plonked myself in a cab to relax my nerves.

Does it take THIS long to get from Rochor to Tiong Bahru???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*sheepish :woh:* hahahaha fucking funny!!! baby i like to pillion you. becuz ZQ says you are light as a feather but ok maybe you weigh like 40million times more. i am damn sleepy let's hope we will get home in one (unscathed) piece later k.