Monday, February 27, 2006

My Parents are Sweet but Annoying Folks

Case Study 1:

Daddy was so concerned with me using the B&L Renu contact lens solution that he threw the whole bottle (90% full!) away without my knowledge! I know he doesn't want algae lining my eyes, but wah lau, a bottle of that solution is freaking expensive!

Case Study 2:

First Uncle was stalked by two BLACK society people last night while he was returning home from the carpark. Apparently they were sitting under the void deck and when they saw him, they got up and started following him. First Uncle got scared and walked quickly until he got to the staircase landing and climbed all the way home.

Mummy was so freaked out that she kept nagging me not to return home late at night because it is DANGEROUS to walk alone. (First Uncle lives in the same block as me) My neighbourhood (particularly my block) has experienced a spate of robberies and thefts recently, ranging from house-robbery (the unfortunate auntie on the 6th floor), to thefts (every joss stick urn hanging along the corridors in my block was stolen), to daylight robbery (it even made it to the papers, poor Thai woman). My eyebrows are pointing towards the BLACK society and I have a lot to say about that, but I am going to censor myself here before I revive the Internal Security Act again.

I hope somebody does something about this, because Mum is driving me crazy with her sensationalised stories. I especially loathe (and sometimes love) the part where she will exclaim "如果你搭电梯的时候,他们突然冲进去,电梯的门一关,你就跑不了了!" Now I probably have to equip myself with a Swiss army knife whenever I go home after clubbing, and I will aim straight for their puny (BLACK) throats. Nobody is going to take my money away from me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyo. damn sad. i hate black society people too.

they drink too much and beat their wives.

Ah Qing said...

huh really? i tot they whole day sit at the void deck and smoke, or have their PUBLIC singing sessions on the bus?

haha, i can never forget ur "put them in a circular room and they cannot relax because they can't find a corner (because they like to say 'relack one corner!')".

wah, we can have an emotive discussion with jas's bro and james on the black society. u can feel jas's bro's urge to bash them up. keke.

Anonymous said...

recruit ur parents r nice folks la & they r really concerned abt ur safety!but i noe how u feel sometimes coz my mom oso talks like ur mom..exactly same words at times even..haha..
anyway i used to like black society guys when i was young leh..think they quite cool ma-like ur fav ekin!!!
haha..but not anymore la..esp when they r not as cute nor stylo like ekin

Ah Qing said...

erm ah sir, erm, the black society is not what u think it is! keke, think about which kind of people ur mum always bitch about THE MOST.

heehee, but u r right ekin: handsome, hunky, cool, romantic and stylo. ~sigh~

Anonymous said...

o my god..i noe liao..my mom's the champion when it comes to this topic..ok ok got it..

Ah Qing said...

keke! but nowadays she never really talk about it anymore liao leh. haha ... one day i come ur house and freeload ur dinner again. yeah, i still remember fish soup!