Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thanks Pfizer for the pain

Went for a health screening at Pfizer, to see if I can qualify as a healthy Pfizer Clinical Trial Volunteer. Sounds prestigious, but in other words: Pfizer Experimental Mouse.

They took the basics like height and weight, blood pressure, urine sample but the most ultimate was the drawing of blood. The nurse wasn't very professional in drawing my blood. I could feel the needle repeatedly going in and out of my skin and poking every single artery. I did not dare to look at what he was doing, and I just kept squealing, which wasn't very helpful because all the nurses started crowding around me and consoling me. I was like WTF, I ain't afraid of needles, the nurse just could not get it over with quickly! The result was three test-tubes of my precious blood and a painful arm.

Evil Wee was evil enough to hide from me the fact that during the experiment, they will draw 12 test-tubes of blood from me within a day! That means 12 painful ordeals, 12 holes on my arm (like those on the Hansaplast plaster) and a shrivelled dry me. I decided to give it a pass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i told u they wil draw blood from u every 2hrs on e 1st day hor.. hahaha.. take care of ur arm!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha baby be safe be healthy be happy then be good la.

can you imagine how many fucking holes there will be on your arm?!?!

YOU CAN REALLY BE SPONGEBOB THEN (even thought you are patrick i know).

Ah Qing said...

to wee: i turned them down liao! keke! i will be so lonely there! u lah! u and ur cocked-up digestive system. if not we could have been there running around the ward and fighting.

to yb: haha! that really cracked me up!!!! i dun mind being spongebob though! imagine a techno-siao spongebob dancing to DHT's techno version of Listen to Your Heart! Cooool!