Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Just another day ...

Went to my China History tutorial today. As usual, the teacher gave us some time to discuss the tutorial questions in groups. Halfway through the discussion, there was this guy from China in my class who started to narrate many China historical stories to us. As I was listening engrossed to his stories on the Opium War and Empress Dowager and all the corruption stories and peace treaties, I was silently applauding in awe. I mean, he knew so much that he could just take over as the lecturer loh.

Then went back to CS to print my notes, which had accumulated in EDventure since erm, the start of the school term. And I was happy to see George! Haven't seen her like for more than half a year, I guess. Then we went to the vending machine to get some snacks. I miss the vending machine! Hopefully can catch up with her after FYP!

Then went to the Padang for a photo shoot with my FYP mates, which will be published in this Saturday's Straits Times, hopefully. Lucky the photographer was on his way to Jurong, so I happily took a ride in his car. He was cringing with fright when he realised I did not buckle up the seat belt when the TP rode past his car. Keke.

On the way, he was telling me about the photos that he shot for the case where a cigarette-smuggling group was busted at Woodlands. The police restricted him from publishing pictures of the Indonesian smugglers all tied up and forced to lie face-down on the grass, because it doesn't look very nice. So the photos published just showed "a Xiao Ding Dang baf filled with Malboros". Haiz, the workings of the press.

No comments: