Friday, March 24, 2006

Phuket Day 4 (2)

After the elephant ride, we were taken to Bang Rong Nature Reserve for a canoe ride. Accompanied by a guide, Sluggie and I canoed along the river lined with mangroves and floating fishing villages. It was freaking quiet, but it was beautiful. The nature of the mangrove swamps remain untouched and the community of Bang Rong took care to protect the nature reserve. Commendable.

A floating fishing village on the river

After the canoe we were taken to dinner, which was a simple meal of fried rice, stir-fried mixed vegetables, deep-fried vegetables, tom yum soup and sweet and sour sea bass. The deep-fried vegetables were kind of weird, they were deep-fried pineapple slices, baby corn, long beans and onion rings (literally the rings from the onions). The sea bass looked ordinary but was superb.

Having dinner by the river

Finally the last item of our excursion was an ox cart ride. I wished I had skipped this. It was inhumane to make an ox pull a cart seated with six people and a guide on its back. The ox was struggling to move and it seemed tortured. One angmoh told me she would rather get down and walk by herself. I didn't feel fun at all, but sad.

The poor ox

Finally, the sky started to turn dark and the minibus took us back to our respective hotels. Along the way I asked Sluggie to see if the dead cat was still lying on the road while I shut my eyes tight, and I was deeply saddened when he told me it was still there. I just can't imagine the body will remain there drying up under the sun.

We reached our hotel, washed up and went to Bangla Road to spend the last night in Phuket. We had dinner at a tze char restaurant. We ordered deep-fried prawns (even better than the ones we had the day before), stir-fried chicken with mushrooms and minced pork soup with glass noodle and tofu. We initially wanted to splurge on the huge tiger prawns and lobsters but we were running out of money. Too bad.

We had normal prawns instead

Then we walked along Bangla Road to look at the trannies for one last time. There was one grossly ugly one (who sexy-danced and flashed a boob a few days ago) from this bar (can't remember the name) who kept teasing the angmohs. She lifted up her skirt today and we saw that she didn't wear panties! We nearly flipped when she took an angmoh's hand and slid it to her cleanly-shaven you-know-where. Argh.

This is the bar I am talking about. The ones dancing on the podium are trannies. So is the fair-looking one wearing orange and squatting. Looks pretty though.

Bangla Road. Freaking fun.

Sluggie and I decided to park ourselves at a nightclub called Dragon Club because their draught beer was cheap. We were entertained by many sexy (real) Thai women pole-dancing clad only in their underwear or bikini. They welcomed tips to be stuffed into their cleavages and G-strings. I was simtten with one who looked like Ayumi and Sluggie was smitten with one who danced like a snake. Later on, the deejay announced that there would be a 'special show' which turned out to be a raunchy item where two almost naked women bathed each other and attempted pseudo-coital positions on the table-top in front of us! Cool!

I was bawling and clutching on to the bar table when Sluggie tried to drag me out of the club. I just could not bear to leave that stupid place. We played one round of pool before I reluctantly left. Argh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like trannies too. when she expoed her cleany shaven privates, got dick or not? hahaha. quick tell me.

Ah Qing said...

baby, u gross bitch. go to phuket and see for urself. u can even go and feel the stubble.

erm as far as i can see, don't have leh. i saw IT and some glistening moisture. keke.