Monday, December 26, 2005

Horrible Christmas

It was a horrrrriiible Christmas.

I should never have decided to go JB with him on Christmas. But there was no where else to go. The weather wasn't very nice to me, it rained when we were on board 160 to the checkpoint. I am a missy, I couldn't stand running in the rain. I will shriek if I accidentally step on water puddles. I irritate him a lot with that. And the bus driver was nice enough to let us off in the middle of the RAIN and make me waddle through the water puddles. My hair was dripping wet and my pants were soaked. My mood was totally ruined.

There was no shelter on the path from the Malaysian checkpoint to Wong Ah Fook, so many people were stuck at the exit of the underpass from the checkpoint. We were standing there contemplating whether to dash through the rain, where more and more people started accumulating there, making the same contemplations. Then I made a beeline for the nearest shelter and RAN like mad, stamping into every water puddle in my path. I felt so brave, but I was soooooo drenched.

We hailed a cab to Giant in Plentong. We visited our favourite pet shop there, which sells many really interesting pets. I have seen them sell albino pythons, iguanas, squirrels, scorpions, chipmunks, skunks, porcupines, tree snakes, star tortoises, monkeys and ferrets. I saw my favourite flying squirrel again!!! During my previous visits, I would paste my face at the tank and gaze at the furry creatures and irritate him by cooing "Aww, so cute, so cute!" The shopkeeper once let me handle one, which crawled all over my shoulders and back and even jumped onto another customer. He was so convinced that he could make a sales out of me that he started teaching me on how to take care of it, and when I meekly told him "Erm, I am from Singapore", his face fell a little. Then he started devising ways of smuggling it across the customs. He really underestimated the customs. Ever since I was caught for smuggling chewing gum, I dared not challenge the scanner again. Despite wrapping my box of bubble gum under layers of smelly undergarments, the officer had the audacity to pull them all out and expose the prohibited item!!! I cannot imagine where I can hide the creature if I were to smuggle it across, so though I would love to have one little flying squirrel, I do not think I can ever ever get it across to Singapore. I dared not show my face at the pet shop again. The shopkeeper will recognise me. He even called me once (on my phone!) to delightfully announce they had new stocks of flying squirrels!

Oh, they had a new addition, the tarantula! Ooooh, one of my favourite insects. If I were to have one, I would make it vegetarian. It is just so lovely.

We went walking around in Giant. You know the best thing about Giant is that they have many booths where promoters will let the customers taste their samples. I had a great time sampling the coffee, instant noodles, Yakult, fishballs and samosas. Keke, I am a shameless cheapo.

We later headed over to Pasar Tebrau to eat. I wanted to eat the butter crayfish and we realised we were running out of money! Shit, I went all the way there for the crayfish and I let myself down for now changing enough currency. So I sulked throughout dinner. The meal sucked.

We quickly left for the customs, really eager to get back to Singapore, and when we reached the customs, I was so shocked because it was surprisingly empty there! I was like, Siao, did I go to the correct causeway???? There was no traffic jam, nor was there any queue at the customs. I just cannot believe it. We could even find seats on 160. Heng.

Back home le, I was rejoicing in a warm bath. My baby Bong had a GREAT time at MOS, Mo must have had some naughty fun with her Santa Claus, and when Bin comes back from Hong Kong, I am going to slaughter her because I am jealous she could spend the Christmas there.

No comments: