Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye Weatherford

Today is my last day at Weatherford. I feel partly relieved that I can go back to school and partly sad that I have to leave that place again.

I am going to miss these following people at Weatherford:

Ben - A nice guy who once took me, Mo and Bong to tour JB and spot ah guas, eat prata in the middle of the night, and book us in to the Eden Garden Hotel. He showed me pictures of his seven-month old daughter today, and I am so happy for him!

Yenny - Wow, I admire her tresses, all wavy and brown and beautiful! Bong, she asked how are you, and I told her you are fine. She said although she has your MSN contact, she hardly talks to you. I am like, huh, how could it be, you two were the closest back at Loyang. By the way, Mo, she mentioned you too. She told me that Ben told her that he spotted you behaving intimately with your erm, 'Professor' and he didn't dare go over and call you. Haha. So Yenny came and ask me if you have a bf or not.

Joanne - I helped her zap and file travel and hotel invoices because she is always busy and I thought I could help her with some of her work even though she isn't my boss. Today she thanked me for my help and gave me a present which made me wanna cry. Partly because I am touched because it is a thank-you gift, and partly because she gave me a box of two dozens of Ferrero Rochers and that makes it the FOURTH box of Ferreros I am receiving this December. All together I have 72 balls of that sickening chocolate!!! Why can't they give me Merci or Almond Rocca or even Milo chocolate bars? I need to write a complain letter to Ferrero company to tell them to limit their production during Decembers.

Horst Peak - A big and friendly guy who once admired my nails with stupid little flower stickers on them (and called me Nails ever since). He is real cool. I offered him some Famous Amos cookies and I thought he would just take one, but he grabbed five.

Angela - His assistant whom I delight in talking to.

Dennis Holinski - My Weatherford Idol.

Dorothy - Dennis's assistant. Lost much of her glory nowadays. Used to be very proud when Keat Tatt was around (because he pampered her). Mo and Bong, still remember when she said that temps can't eat Weatherford buffets and the lame 'Flush the toilet' posters at the toilet doors? Haha, she cannot regain back the same authority under Dennis now. But still as irritating.

Doreen - Wah, Bong's nemesis. I really still remember the bad blood between Bong and her. But seriously, she is not that bad a person. Really, Bong. She helped me repair my slipper once. I do feel pity for her though at times.

My bosses - Erm, no, I do not think I will miss the two of them that much. They are my main inspiration for my (Bitches burn in Hell) slogan.

Margaret - One of the nicest people around.

Kok Wah - Often disturbs me when I am working. Told me there is a brand of luncheon meat called Spam. What a stupid brand name. Don't know real or not.

Nicholas - Mo, Nick asked me today why you don't want to come back and work and I told him you are working at the clinic and he said "Hmm, I know, she likes to talk to people." It seemed pretty irrelevant for an answer.

Jacqueline - Her laughter still permeates the air.

Jimmy - Aaahhhh. The fatherly figure. Today I had a nice long chat with him, talking about the negative effects of job-hopping on CVs, the wanting me to work there after graduation, the nice atmosphere at Weatherford, his two daughters, expatriates in Singapore, him prefering HDB to private housing, his old house in Joo Chiat and new house in West Coast ... The conversation was so inspiring that I wanted to cry. Bong, you can't blame me for falling for fatherly figures. (Admit it, you had a crush on him once too)

And many many more. Practically everybody knew today was my last day and came and bade me farewell, which was nice. I am dreading when school re-opens, I am not looking forward to FYP!!!

3 comments:

Ah Qing said...

Keke, I don't have much objections towards the phrasing as long as you acknowledge the three of us had a great _______ that night at the bath tub!

Ah Qing said...

hahaha!!! u stupid boy! your english is atrocious! It's either "All your bases belong to us" or "All your bases are belonged to us!"

ANd what the fark is that supposed to mean!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

erm..wats nicholas trying to say, ya i tink he's totally irrelevant!yeah i can imagine yenny's expression as u imitated her face dat nite, haha!!!