Sunday, January 01, 2006

Looking Towards 2006

I had a fabulous New Year Eve with my two lovely babies at dbl 0!

The throngs of crowd at Clarke Quay was unbelievably huge yesterday, especially the queue snaking from Ministry of Sound. The queue at dbl 0 was no exception when we reached there at 11.15pm. Bong gave me a cutey pinkey bikini for my brithday pressie! THANKS baby! I can wear it to Phuket this summer and be a cutey pinkey bimbo suntanning at the beach! We had some pre-dbl 0 fun complaining to the bouncer named Hippopotamus that many people were cutting into our queue and as usual, he was trying to be funny by giving us stupid tips on how to enter dbl 0 through a non-existent express queue. Me and Bong began to act like cam-whores (camera whores, a phrase coined by Bin).

Close-up

I look naked but I'm not...

Screaming at the dancefloor!

We just had a nice time dancing and then the DJ started playing 'The Final Countdown' and we knew it was nearing 12! Me and Mo were saying and laughing that this was the theme song for 赌 神 by 周润发. Then the counting down began and when it struck 12, streamers and confetti descended from above and the crazy nuts around us started spraying foamy stuff all over everyone's heads. The three of us screamed happily and we kissed each other Happy New Year! We did have our usual boob-jabbing exercises earlier but the kisses were the highlight of the night!

As luck would have it, I met the stalker again. He was hovering behind Mo and gazing at me. When I recognised his face, I alerted my babies and we shrieked! It really seemed like a scene from some horror movie about psychotic stalkers. We were so surprised he still can recognise me! Bong was so nice to tell him to leave us alone, but when he told her that he just wanted to wish me Happy New Year (and said "No problem" when told to leave me alone), a wave of guilt and sympathy crashed into me. Yes, I am still freaked out by his forthcoming proposal that night, but I should not condemm him like that. So some time later when I saw him again at the dancefloor, I wished him Happy New Year and we smiled. No ill feelings. Though time to time, Bong would irk me by teasing me "Hey he is looking at you again..."

Bong attracted this admirably persistent guy who bought us drinks and even went to fetch tissues for us when we were sweating. Mo got one who directly asked for her number. I got one who looked like 品冠 who asked if he can dance with me. Stupid pf was trying to be funny too. He should know better.

Our backs were breaking at the end of the night and Mo's friend drove each of us home. It was raining and sigh, what a gloomy way to mark the end of our lovely night. I fell into sleep quickly and for a full ten hours!

2005 for me was a okay year with certain blessings and mishaps. The blessings are obviously having a bunch of really cool babies: Bong who promised to cry at my funeral and Mo who promised to be my bridesmaid at my wedding (haha, what contrasting images), Bin (haha, who psychoed me to take bike lessons, who MSNed each other instead of worked during PI, who had a nice time bitching about Bunny and Naggy with me!), Bo (who is sooooooooo in tune with me but we hardly meet up nowadays, and Bo, if you are reading this, I really really miss those days where we would meet at my house bus stop and go to school together and have breakfast at the canteen), George (my lovely JC sidekick but has sadly drifted away from me), Spongey (she really made my PI an enjoyable one, and guess what, I am Patrick Star and she's Spongebob Squarepants! We are nuts about this cartoon!), Ah Sir and Wee and Kar Cheng (as in Asshole) and Henglip and Hao Ling (my interesting cousins) and HIM! And also all the people who have walked into my life and made it interesting, I am thankful to each and everyone of them!

I had my fair share of ill luck too, which I haplessly slipped into after my vacation to Kanchanaburi, where I burnt my leg in an accident and left a FARGLY scar, lost my wallet and IC, got my bank account hacked into, got bogged down by all the projects and FYP, and got into some boy trouble. But of course, though life may be difficult to you at times, as long as you handle things clamly and sensibly, you will tide over the bad times. And being optimistic and believe in yourself help no matter how daunting everything is. Though I may seem like a Siao Za Bo / Ah Lian / Bimbo or whatever you call me, I still have some wisdom and golden words one okay! Ha!

I am going to be a better girl by saving more drowning ants and take extra precaution to avoid stepping on snails. Here's a better year to all of you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby you hottie. i hate ppl who stalk you. jealous la.

Hehehe send you the pics soon k!

Ah Qing said...

Haha, I am irresistable! Siao lah, you have a bigger share of admirers okay, especially that stalker who gyrated against your buns and made hand-signals to you! Kekeke!!!

Quick send me leh, you didnt have the full collection on your blog, especially the one with me looking at bread as if it were gold!