Friday, January 27, 2006

Fun at SAC and Lot 1



Yeah right. How fun it was to lug nine acrylic sheets home the day before, get my fingers corroded by the acrylic glue and realise I couldn't piece them together. How fun it was to rush to Daiso at IMM late at night to look for materials for the stand and realise it just isn't possible to piece a decent-looking stand out of $2 materials?

Just when I was despairing and considering to postpone the Search for Angel contest, I decided to bring everything back to SAC. There Bin helped me piece together the acrylic box (despite looking like a trapezium) and piece together the stand by wrapping a table with black cloth. It took a full 4 hours, from glueing and taping the acrylic box, waiting for a slow delivery boy, trudging to Clementi Central to buy black cloth, waiting for the correct key, stapling the cloth to the table, to entertaining Mr. T and Today's reporter.

Baby and I slogged like hell to do all the menial work

Me sitting on Baby's beloved baby

Luring Mr. T's pet fishes to bite me

Mr. T's canivorous pet fishes

Then after a gruelling wait for the taxi, we finally found a willing uncle to ferry me, Bin and our display case. We reached Lot 1 and we quickly set up the thing outside KBox. It was freaking embarassing, I hated the curious stares from onlookers. As if that was not bad enough, we realised our acrylic box was disintegrating! Yikes! The glue could not hold properly and the box nearly fell apart. We quickly salvaged the box, barricaded the area, and quickly fled the scene.

Ta-da! What we have been doing all day long!


Take a look and we can see Jas's shattered photo frame and shredded photo (Yikes, sorry!)

We were so worn out at the end of the day we couldn't even go shopping. So we just stoned on the bus on the way home. But I am so grateful to Baby to help me set up the display case. It is tough, and there are two more! Yikes!

Next time we go Clementi Central and buy bubble tea with the tip the tailor gave us. Keke!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES VERY FUN INDEED.

my fingers are corroded too. the glue is damn potent.

HAPPY CNY BABY!! *muaks*

Ah Qing said...

Happy CNY too baby!

But CNY no more liao, back to FYP! Wah liew!