Friday, December 23, 2005

I am a Runaway Kid

Have been so busy lately to update my blog. But let me recall what happened these few days.

On the 20th, I went filming for my FYP video with my baby Bin at Clementi, together with camera man Leon and Parames from SAC. Basically I just had to act as a Ah Lian who had just run away from home and had nowhere to go. Including walk like one and diao Parames like one. Wah lau, I found it so difficult to do because I am NOT an Ah Lian. Bin is more like one, look at her little ang gongs, her xia lan look and her perennial spewings of "fuckanathan".

We took some silly pictures! She is my crazy baby lah. She ate a lot, one bowl of beehoon and one soon kueh (and I think later she went to stuff herself with chicken wings), in a bid to fatten herself for the cold weather at Hong Kong during Xmas.

Anyway, filming was damm paiseh. I hated the curious stares from the kaypoh passers-by. Heng, after tonight, I do not need to act anymore. Acting like an Ah Lian is PAINFUL.



Me & my adorable baby!

I cannot believe Bin's bf, Hardy gave me a TY beanie bear for my birthday pressie! Bin thinks it's ugly because of the purple flowers all over it, but I personally liked it! This is my bimbo picture with the beanie!

Guess what, he whipped up a nice dinner of chilli crabs for me after my filming! Yum! By the time we downed the 8 crabs, I was so bloated and my breath stank of garlic and erm, saltwater smell. Eww.
12 o'clock soon struck and it was the 21st!!! Bong was so kiasu that she wished me Happy Birthday at 11.30pm loh. But I was so happy because she was the first one! Momo was congratulating me for being 22 years old. Then we went over to Boon Lay pasar to meet up with his friends. Stupid Kevin was more than cheeky when wishing me Happy Birthday. But he was nice anyway, I still remember his birthday SMS to me a year ago.
I still had to work on my birthday, and what was worse was that some bitch from the Loyang office chased me off my seat, so I had to sit at XiuTing's seat which was empty because she had gone home to pack her luggage for her Hong Kong trip. I was so sian that I quickly met him to go to the Sakura buffet restaurant at the Omnitheatre for dinner.
Oh man, for $24 nett, I was greeted with a GREAT selection of soups, sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki, tempura, salads, satay / otah, seafood, fried food, dim sum, ice-cream, jellies, cheesecakes, fruits and free flow of drinks! I was so ecstatic that I was hopping all over the restaurant grabbing each of everything. I ended up going for five rounds, and my tummy was so bloated that I was whimpering in my seat. He, on the other hand, was enthusiastically attacking his lamb chops and singing praises of those slabs of meat in between mouthfuls. My only praises were for the claypot herbal duck soup, tempura prawns / ebi fry and the 12 flavours of ice-cream. I regretted heavily when I realised my tummy was too occupied for dessert. All the truffle cakes, mango pudding, Oreo cheesecake, chocolate mousse, marble cheesecake ... I could not forgive myself. But I could not resist the Nata de Coco ice-cream, topped with Rainbow Sprinkles! Keke!
We finally called it quits. I couldn''t even walked straight. My tummy was flowing out of my jeans and I couldn't suck it back in and it was embarassing. I was in great distress and I decided to force-vomit. After barfing out a few mouthfuls of foul-smelling stuff in the toilet, I felt so much better! We then headed to the Science Centre Park and rested at one of the benches there. In my opinion, it is one of the BEST making-out places in Singapore, it is dark, remote and quiet. Keke. But our night was spoiled when we suddenly smelled frangipani (read: hantu) and we hurriedly left that place. Spoiler.
For Bong's information, the restaurant is at Omnitheatre at Science Centre (This one here is the fifth branch, so you can go to other branches but God knows where they are). Weekday Lunch $20, Weekend (Sat, Sun and Public Holiday) Lunch $22, Weekday Dinner $24, Weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun and Public Holiday) Dinner $26. All NETT prices.
Verdict: 8/10. One of the best and most varied (and affordable too!) buffets I have ever eaten. Hello, 12 ice-cream flavours?! He attempted to create his own Swensens 'Earthquake' but it became a gross multi-flavoured milkshake in the end. I even da bao some jellies (the fruit jellies, gui ling gao and mango puddings come in easily PORTABLE packaging, which appealed to the cheapo auntie in me) home. There are even abalone and lobster salad can, albeit not-so-good quality. The claypot herbal duck soup is GOOD. Trust me. I felt nutrients oozing out of my pores after drinking that. Must-try.

1 comment:

Ah Qing said...

Baby!!!! I da baoed some jellies for u too!!!!! Mingrong, if you are reading this, take her there and pig out!!!! You will see the real side of her when she eats!!