Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back Here Again (For Real)

Under pressure from some people, I have returned here to blog, something that I have forsaken ever since early last month. The oxymoron of an unemployed bummer having no time to blog does not deserve to exist.

If I can vaguely remember, these two months have been filled with transcribing assignments and patrols around the Jurong West neighbourhood. There was one horrible week where I had to face the computer for twenty hours for four consecutive days to do the transcribing shit. I did not even have the time to reply to SMSes and my irate pals found that incredible. When the workflow abated on certain days, Sluggie and I took walks around Boon Lay Shopping Centre (and the pasar malam outside it) and Street 42 in search of bubble tea, Ramly burgers and belachan stingray. I was unemployed, but I don't even mind. Because I was happy.

Last Saturday: went with Ah Sir to watch Scary Movie 4. Hilarious. Too bad Wee wasn't there.

Monday: spent the whole day at Jurong East Library reading. I finally had the chance to enjoy all the time I had in the world. I underestimated the power of the air con in the library, and I caught a chill.

Tuesday: the chill developed into full-blown fever, cold, cough and sore throat. My favourite clinic closed down so I left my body to heal automatically by itself.

Wednesday: felt much better. We cooked tauhu goreng and wonton soup from some recipes I ripped (not literally) from the library books. It was a success.

Thursday: went with Sluggie to watch Scary Movie 4 (again). After that went to disturb Kar Cheng at his workplace. He is one tee ko cousin who keeps looking out of his shop at the females passing by. Then met BoBo to catch up with her.

Friday: heard about Xian's friend who died in a motorbike crash. And I thought attending funerals is something for the older folks. Reminds me I got to pay BQ a visit soon.

Today: went shopping with Bong. She is one mad bitch who bought three jackets of the same cutting and colour. (The cute shopkeeper even advised her against doing so, and even offered to lend her her book 'Confessions of a Shoppaholic' in a helpful attempt to cure her fickle-mindedness) She is one mad guzzler who can only perk up when she has gotten her fix of peach milk tea. But she is a GREAT shoppaholic and makes my frivolous spendings all worthwhile!

An example of the kind of life I have been leading. I feel satisfied, nevertheless. However, I think I have been bumming around for such a long time that even George is extending an invitation for me to join her Unemployed Anonymous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally! u lazy shit. pls la let's all join NIE and mould the future of our nation.

Ah Qing said...

erm, i can't. u said i can't be a teacher, i can only be a sex maniac. george will be bullied heavily by the penknife-wielding kids. only u can help mould the future with your descriptive essays.