Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Try at Hair Cutting

Today I helped Sluggie cut his hair. Tomorrow he will be going for his annual ICT and he needs a decent hair style. Being stingy, he would rather not visit the barber and save $10, and entrust his crown of glory into my hands. He certainly asked for it.

Armed with an electric shaver (from a handy hair-styling kit inclusive of an array of combs and scissors), I meticulously worked on his hair. I snipped mercilessly at his fringe till it was 2cm above his eyebrows, and sheared the sides and back of his head like he was some sheep. The end result was an impeccably domical cap on top of his head and clean-shaven sides.

When I asked him "Is it okay?", he looked into the mirror and I thought I saw his eyes widen momentarily, before he turned around and mustered a brave "Not bad". His steely expression did not betray the slightest shock or disgust, no matter how much I probed for his frank opinion.

I think it is nice of boys to lie when they know the truth hurts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby u wanna cut me hair?????????????????????????????

mish u!

Ah Qing said...

no. milo will kill me if i do.

i miss u too! have fun explaining the difference between a narrative essay and a descriptive one!

Anonymous said...

walao baby i ended up making two of them write an essay on ME. as punishment. 350words minimum hahahaha.

baby this saturday meet ah!!

Ah Qing said...

OMG. how to write a desricptive essay on u!!!! u gotta TELL me what they wrote!!!! esp the ex-convict's essay!

baby, i wanna eat blk 85 bak chor mee.