Sunday, July 30, 2006

Kukup Day 2

From the annual chalet stays that we had, we all know that the older folks will wake up real early and will wake US up with their non-stop chattering. So at 8.30am, 4th Aunt came into the bedroom and announced that if we did not wake up that instant, breakfast would be gone.

I did not bat any eyelid, and sure enough, when I woke at 9.30am, only 5 packs of cold nasi lemak, porridge and coffee was left (Think there was an assortment of kueh going around while I was unconscious). Nasi lemak was in dwarf portions, but luckily there was hot coffee!

So we slacked around before packing up to leave the resort. Here are a few more pictures that I appropriated from Heng Lip's blog. 'Scenic' shots of Kukup.

During high tide

One of their modes of transport

Rubbish-strewn seabed

Flora

A lonely fishing rod

Sea snake

Mudskippers

Okay, I admit the mudskippers look nothing more like mosquito larvae.

Upon departure, my relatives stopped by a roadside stall to eat durains AGAIN. (My god.) When everyone was finally rounded up and packed in the coach, we realised that 1st Aunt was missing. The tour guide cycled to find her, and everyone started to come up with various theories regarding her disappearance. Some said she was stuck at the stall eating durians, and some even speculated that she was having a tryst with the resort's owner. When she was located half an hour later, it turned out that some selfish aunties (notably Bling Bling) used her to buy groceries for them, causing her to be late.

We were taken to Pontian, a busier town 45 minutes away from Kukup, for lunch. Lunch was at a restaurant called Shangri-La, popular with newly-weds who will hold banquets there.

3rd Aunt, 4th Aunt and Heng Lip

After lunch, we were allowed to shop around for 30 minutes. I came across a shop selling cheap local produce, and I bought yam cookies, marshmallows and grape gummies. Heng Lip was elated when he picked up a large pack of Crispy chocolate bars (a cheapo version of Crunch), and he was exclaiming "I ate these when I was a kid!". I bought that childhood memento too. All for RM20. 4th Aunt even bought lottery there. 4D addiction sure knows no (international) boundaries.

After that, we were taken to a touristy shop that sells MORE local produce. After comparing prices with the previous shop, I realised that this shop is out to fleece us tourists. Nevertheless, I still bought some pastries, snacks and honey.

Lastly, we were taken to the Woodlands Causeway and back to Singapore. Along the way, 1st Aunt distributed rainbow-coloured agar agar to us. Ah Sir and I were greatly annoyed by Enormous and the geeky girl because they were playing childish games and spitting drool all around. The ordeal ended when we finally reached Eunos. Home sweet home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babs! just wanna let u know that I love u!
Thanks for being my friend!!! Im so glad to have a friend in YOU YOU YOU!!!

muacks...

Bongsie!!!

Ah Qing said...

babs! i love u too! u GOTTA have fun with your new 'friend' (whom i have played with and now passing her on to you)!

gotta meet up SOOOONNN!!!!!